Nest Installation Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've ordered a Nest Thermostat and I'm planning on installing it myself. I'm pretty comfortable getting stuck in with these things, and have replaced various components on the boiler (electric side only, I'm not crazy!), washing machine and dishwasher before.

I've got the service manual for my boiler (Vokera Linea 24) and it's pretty straight forward where to connect the four wires (L, N, 2 and 3).

My only concern is that the boiler has a sticker outside of the junction box labelled "All connections are 240v". Is that acceptable for connections 2 and 3 on the Heat Link?

Thanks,
Anthony

Sponsored Links
Excellent, thanks for your response. Am I right in assuming that there's simply a relay switch between 2 and 3, so it's actually a separately isolated circuit and could carry any voltage?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. The boiler doesn't have any connections for hot water control, but I'm okay with that.

Once it's installed, should I leave the switch on my CH programmer to on or off?

If you're wiring it direct to your boiler, your programmer should be bypassed so it won't matter what you do with the controls

The service manual for the boiler has schematics for installing both a programmer and a thermostat, so I was planning on wiring both. Although thinking about it, I probably won't have much use for the programmer once I have a thermostat installed. Would you recommend removing the programmer?

Excellent, will do. Thanks for all your help muggles - much appreciated.

Sorry for hijacking thread but i have a Vokera Linea 24 and was looking to add a Nest Thermostat.

I have a Switchmaster 300 timer, can i just do away with that? do i take the wires going to that and use them for the Nest Heat Link?

Cheers,
Steven

Hi Steven,

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I did.

Good luck - it's pretty straightforward.

Anthony

Sorry to bother you mate, from to boiler what wires do you have going to heat link?

Should I have a wire from each of the ta blocks to nest link 1 and 3?

Cheers

From both of the TA blocks to Nest Link 2 and 3. Make sure you remove the joining wire from "TA" to "=" if there's one there. Obviously you also need the wires from N to N and L to L too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back