Nest installed does old wireless thermostat need disconnecting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baxi Ecoblue plus 24 combi boiler with the Baxi Ecoblue wireless thermostat (7212344)

We have installed the nest 3rd gen thermostat. The boiler terminal blocks b1 and bk2 are connected to terminals 2 and 3 on the heat link.

We have gone through the set up and all seems ok, there is a greeen light on the heat link but when we turn the temperature up on the thermostat the boiler clicks but does not fire up.

The boiler fires up using the old Baxi Ecoblue wireless thermostat. Does the old wireless thermostat need disconnecting if so how? We haven't got the instructions from when we installed the Baxi wireless thermostat and can't find them online.

If the problem isn't the old thermostat, any ideas why the boiler isn't firing up?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
This seems to be instructions I expected to see some instruction to remove a link which would when removing the thermostat need replacing, but can find nothing. The boiler instructions seem no better, all I can assume is the Ecoblue wireless thermostat connects to the boiler ebus rather than the off/on link?

Page 42 shows standard connections, as you say B1 and BK2 so it seems connected correctly, if I had to do the job I would see if it works with the old thermostat removed, however likely I simply would not do the job, and instead get some one who knows the boiler, some boilers do have a bit you need to remove to fit integral thermostat, I will guess you will need that old part?

Thanks for your reply ericmark. I think you may be right, a part was probably removed when the wireless thermostat was fitted, if only we could remember what it looked like lol. I've emailed Baxi so we'll see what they say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back