Nest Learning Thermostat Help Required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just wanna say Hi to everybody in Forum and can I ask for Help people.

I`m currently trying to figure it out how to install Nest at my current setup (either I can do it myself or need a techinician).

Here is my current setup to my Ideal Isar combi boiler.

Picture of boiler programmer (Drayton Manor 2)

20170313_135022.jpg
20170313_135603.jpg

20170313_135608.jpg

Picture of Thermostat RTS1
20170313_140918.jpg

This is how it looks like in flat
view.png

Any help or advice appreciated.
Thanks Again
Peter

Sponsored Links
Hi Agile thanks for replay.
I was thinking i can get Heatlink in cupboard where currently is Drayton programmer and thermostat where is current thermostat.
Thanks

If it was for me then I would connect it between the 1 and 3 on the programmer and leave the room stat in place but turned up.

Sponsored Links
If it was me, I would connect it between one and the wire that yellow wire (behind the plate) is connected to. I would also remove the red at three and blue at N that goes to thermostat.

Once everything is running, I would ensure the wires at the thermostat are all dead. Tape and make safe for future

Cheers for advice guys.
After a bit of research I`m under impression I can connect Heatlink where is current thermostat (N,L to N,L in Heat-link, wire from heat call to port3 in heat-link and cable from L to port2 in heat-link) and then place thermostat wherever i desire.
Any thoughts on that (and please explain clearly connections).
Thanks

The question is simple: Do you want to put your nest thermostat on a stand or on the wall?

Remember, nest uses an algorithm to determine where it is in the home and as such, you don't want to be moving it about a lot - Afterall, that 's why you have the app on your phone.

On the Stand
Then the correct method is to wire HeatLink into the boiler direct, remove the existing cables from plug in base of boiler and wire HeatLink into it direct. With HeatLink 2 & 3 being the L1 & L2 on the boiler multiplug. L & N being the same with all other cables removed. This will make safe the existing wires.

On the Wall
Then the process is the same as above but you might want a nest Pro for this bit. You need to identify the old L1 & L2 wires as they will make a connection with the old room stat, they need joining at the clock and then isolating from all other supplies or switches, they then connect to T1 & T2 on HeatLink and the two terminals on the nest backplate.

Cheers for advice guys.
After a bit of research I`m under impression I can connect Heatlink where is current thermostat (N,L to N,L in Heat-link, wire from heat call to port 3 in heat-link and cable from L to port 2 in heat-link)
Yes you can do this, but if you do, you need to make sure that the Heatlink gets a permanent live. So, remove the existing programmer and its backplane. Reconnect the the two blue wires together as they are now. Then, join the two red wires together, this will provide a permanent live to the Heatlink (ie where the current thermostat is). Finally fit a single blanking plate over the opening to cover the wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back