Nest Thermostat for Oil System Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum

Im wanting to replace my Drayton timer with a Nest Thermostat. I have wired a few of these before, but hadnt seen this wiring setup before (and yes I know the earths arent connected, I started taking them off before I noticed the wiring setup) There is an additional Neutral connection thats coming from the wiring thats controlling the valves. Any idea where that would wire into in a Nest Gen 3?

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_8815.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It’s unlikely the neutral will “control” the valves, as they’re usually controlled by a thermostat. The additional neutral is likely to be for a room thermostat.

Sponsored Links
1666512126073.png
The terminals in the heat link are small, so rather than replace the wiring centre likely better to mount heat link next to it and connect into it.

One you know which motorised valve is CH and which is DHW you can likely using the motorised valve colours work out which wires feed the existing thermostat, then to be sure test wires, before reusing them for the 12 volt DC supply to the display. It is the display which measures the temperature, and has the PIR to detect if the home is occupied, and is used to set the system, I would have called it the thermostat, but Nest call it the display.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back