Nest Thermostat with heatline viso 24

Ok so i have now traced the cabling to see how the boiler and existing thermostat connect.

There are 2 connections coming from the boiler in the below image. Brown and blue going to the thermostat (honeywell t40)
what im thinking is connect the N and L on the nest heatlink directly to the fused spur to power the heatlink separately. Then connect the brown (1) from the old t40 to the (3) connection (Call for Heat) on the nest heatlink and the blue(3) connection from the t40 to (2) connection(common) on the nest heatlink.

The nest thermostat will connect wirelessly from another room powered by usb.

Does the above sound about right?

upload_2016-7-27_13-56-55.png

upload_2016-7-27_13-56-40.png

upload_2016-7-27_13-56-24.png

upload_2016-7-27_13-58-5.png

Sponsored Links
Tony, I'm a little disappointed with your initial response considering your a registered nest installer.

The reason ive chosen nest is the API available with it for integration with other home automation projects I'm developing. Its basically to turn my heating up/down using voice commands and a custom app to control my home.

With the right model of boiler the new Nest can produce quasi weather compensation. That means increasing rad temps when its cold outside and vice versa. That can increase boiler efficiency by achieving maximum condensing.

Unfortunately on your model, all the Nest can do is to turn the boiler heating on or off at whatever flow temperature you have set on the front panel knob.

An expensive toy just for the fun of talking to an on/off controller!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I just registered on this forum to thank rjp90. I just got a nest with a Heatline Capriz 25 and was completely confused by how to power the thing off the 240v supply. The pics and diagram you posted helped me and it's fully working. Saved me £90 on the quotes I was getting.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back