Nest won't connect to white box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've tried searching but couldn't find an answer for this.

Basically I have installed my nest device, but I can't get the two units to connect wirelessly. I have tried re-setting both units, tried repairing the two units, I moved the thermostat to within 20cm of the white box, and still it won't connect.

I've wired everything correctly, and I have ended up now doing a wired connection between the two units which works fine, however I would still like to get the wireless bit up and running.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Sponsored Links
Did you play with the Nest before installing? . The pathetic internal battery can take a few days to charge if discharged.

Not sure if it would affect it in this way though.

Some of them are a bit temperamental. Move Nest close to the Heat Link, re-start the pairing process then kill the power to the Heat Link for a few seconds. Turn it back on again and it *should* be OK. Failing that, take it back to where you bought it from and get another one

I had it connected to the charger for about 5mins before trying to pair ect, the battery wasn't dead, so would think it should still really connect, damn thing!

Muggles, I will give what you said a go tomorrow, hopefully it will work! A bit of a pain to have to de-wire it all and take it back but I guess if I have tried everything and its not working, then thats all I can do!

Wasn't sure if I was totally missing something!

Sponsored Links
The last one I had trouble pairing was as per Dans post, customer left it on charge for a day and it linked and has been trouble free ever since.

I thought I had better finish this off incase someone else has the same issue.

Effectively I tried all the above, had it running fine for 3 weeks but still with the connectivity issue.

I ended up returning to the shop for a replacement - Once installed I had a short moment where it wouldn't connect, however it transpires that the Nest device needs to be connected to power+ the base to connect, (note I had done this on the old one and it still didn't work) and once I attached it to the base it connected right up and works as it should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back