netaheat no main burner lighting

[

I really find that very hard to believe. Most installers are very keen to keep their order books full and will rush round very promptly.

Perhaps there is some other feature that applies, for examply you only want them to come after 7 pm or something? Possibly the words you have used make it sound as if you are "collecting quotes".

We dont visit free to give quotes but instead ask questions on the phone and give a budgetary quote. If thats acceptable then we will visit and give a written quote.

Tony

Well I think the fact is that this is the season for boiler repairs, as people start to use them more. Here in London the attitude seems to be one of 'we don't need your business, we are busy already'. As for collecting quotes it seems reasonable to get three 'proper' does it not? I don't think I would ever get anything done around the house on the first quote I get. I have so far taken 2.5 days off work to wait for 'engineers' who have failed to turn up or even ring to apologise.

All I want is a boiler replaced and it's turning into a farce that is going to cost me over £2500! Meanwhile we are freezing our asses off here!

Sponsored Links
We dont seem as busy with repairs as would usually be the case when the weather starts to get colder.

The reality is that most installers dont do repairs as well. Many dont have the repair skills required anyway.

Tony

We dont seem as busy with repairs as would usually be the case when the weather starts to get colder.

The reality is that most installers dont do repairs as well. Many dont have the repair skills required anyway.

Tony

All I want is an install, that's all I am asking for a quote for. I might as well ask for the moon!

Still we are learning the old family values of huddling together in one room all evening. We may even get used to it and not bother with central heating. I imagine all these installers are sitting around their living room fires occasionally tossing another stack of twenty pound notes on when the flames die down.

javascript:emoticon(':(')

S

:(

Right I have spares for a Netaheat Mk 11 16-22. Gas valve poss two to three years old,ignition module brand new ,MVS brand new,PCB brand new,fan brand new,electrode *old*,boiler stat brand new.

Obviously when I say brand new what I mean by that is that theses parts are second hand and have been fitted by BG this year the other parts have been fitted by BG within the past two or three years.

Nothing guaranteed but the boiler was working fine before I killed it the other day so anyone interested in the parts let me know by PM.

Sponsored Links
Right I have spares for a Netaheat Mk 11 16-22. Gas valve poss two to three years old,ignition module brand new ,MVS brand new,PCB brand new,fan brand new,electrode *old*,boiler stat brand new.

Obviously when I say brand new what I mean by that is that theses parts are second hand and have been fitted by BG this year the other parts have been fitted by BG within the past two or three years.

Nothing guaranteed but the boiler was working fine before I killed it the other day so anyone interested in the parts let me know by PM.

I cant seem to PM you but I would be most interested. My netaheats a 10-16 Mk 2 tho. Does that make a difference?

thanks

N

I cant seem to PM you but I would be most interested. My netaheats a 10-16 Mk 2 tho. Does that make a difference?

thanks

N

Don't know to be honest but I'm sure someone will confirm shortly.

What do you want BTW?

PS ,think you have to invite me to be your friend in order to PM me :?:

thanks

N

Don't know to be honest but I'm sure someone will confirm shortly.

What do you want BTW?

Well my best guess, given that just about everything else on the boiler has been replaced at some point except the mercury switch, is that its the switch that has gone. Also the engineer that did come to quote on a replacement boiler seemed to think it was probably that too

I guess if an engineer is going to swap the switch it might be an idea for him to swap the valve too as its equal in age.

thx

S

Well my best guess, given that just about everything else on the boiler has been replaced at some point except the mercury switch, is that its the switch that has gone. Also the engineer that did come to quote on a replacement boiler seemed to think it was probably that too

I guess if an engineer is going to swap the switch it might be an idea for him to swap the valve too as its equal in age.

thx

S

Just had a look there on e-bay and according to this shop the gas valve and MVS fits all of the range,
you can find an e-mail address in my profile send me a mail and we'll take it from there.

PS I've got the relay and APS too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Potterton-Net...016QQcategoryZ42234QQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

Mercury vapour switch here (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POTTERTON-NET...40:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back