Netaheat prob

ollski said:
Noisy, huge, ugly, inefficient, short on parts, safety record, asbestos...yuck. I have a 40 year old Lambretta I love because it's beautiful but I cannot imagine why you would see fit to hold onto a 30 year old boiler. The extra money you would have been paying in gas in the last few years would have paid for a new boiler already.
A 40 year old hairdrier on wheels!! Beautiful?? Get real.
If you had any taste you would have a proper bike!!
You obviously believe all this energy efficiency crap!!
Energy efficiency is not about saving money!!
If I could not do it myself it would cost approx 2K for a boiler, upgrade of system controls and powerflush!!
If I then saved £100.00per year on gas it would be a 20 year payback and that is assuming I had no repairs to pay for!!
Most of the current range of appliances will be lucky to last for 10years!!
So where is the saving.
Sorry but energy efficiency is like Solar heating!!
ONLY GOOD FOR LINING THE POCKETS OF UNSCRUPULOUS INSTALLERS AND MANUFACTURERS!!!

Sponsored Links
Terrywossit said:
Why would you call them that??
I fitted one in my own house 26 years ago and i have never had need to remove the cover!
When tested with FGA it is still burning well within acceptable parameters !!

I wonder how many of todays heaps of c**p will last half that time even after throwing hundreds of pounds worth of spares at them??

I fully realise that by making this statement the gremlins will be sent to punish me ,but as i have a complete set of spares that I have scavenged from boilers which I have replaced for customers who chose to ignore my advice I dont give a flying f**k!!!

I could have said almost exactly the same. Maybe 24 years ago, mine.
I have removed the cover, however, and sadly, I have to report,
mine had a dead wasp in it.

Terrywookfit said:
ollski said:
Noisy, huge, ugly, inefficient, short on parts, safety record, asbestos...yuck. I have a 40 year old Lambretta I love because it's beautiful but I cannot imagine why you would see fit to hold onto a 30 year old boiler. The extra money you would have been paying in gas in the last few years would have paid for a new boiler already.
A 40 year old hairdrier on wheels!! Beautiful?? Get real.
If you had any taste you would have a proper bike!!

Well I've got a ZX7-r, kdx220r and a duke 916 which proper bike are you referring to? ;) .
I was always a bit sceptical about energy efficiency but talking to customers over the last few years has been a real eye opener, in most cases there are real savings to be made.
I have a 32 year old flamingo by the way which is hanging off the wall which I needed to change the gas valve on 5 years ago...I know I should really have swung a new one in but I just can't be bothered.

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Looking forward to getting my Ariel Square 4...
I hope its band A and fully pumped otherwise you will be harming the environment ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back