Never Buy Anything L.G.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought an LG vacuum cleaner in April 2005 from Argos. It has several filters in it and to cut a long story short the washable one which is made out of foam and not designed to last more than 6 months got eaten by our dog.

I keeps all the old boxes and information so I get it out – no phone number, no address, no email and no web site. In fact total sweet FA of how to contact anybody. So we ring Argos who are very helpful and put us in touch with LG. Who informed us that they cant sell to us direct and that we will have to use their spares company called Seme.

When I called the girl at Seme and started to give her the information to get this filter, I was obviously disturbing her very important time and she just was not interested and said she would be back in touch later that day when she had found out relevant information from LG. 24hrs later nothing.

I called LG again who tell me that the girl had not even logged the enquiry with them but that they had another spares company who I contacted and told me that they could get the filter but that they would have go through Seme the other spares company who would then have to obtain it from LG. Waste of bloody time.

By this time I must have spent hours on the phone. We call Argos again in desperation and they find us another spares company who tell us that they can get the filter and that it would cost us £30.00stg for a bit of foam measuring 4” x 3” but we would have to wait 7 to 10 working days as they would have to get it from LG.

The next day fed up of an unvacuumed house for 4 days I went out an bought an identical vacuum cleaner from Morphy Richards for exactly the same price, which came with a SPARE UNEDIBLE filter and information and phone numbers etc of where to obtain spares etc etc.

I wrote to LG who kindly informed me that they have passed my email on to the relevant people – which must mean the dust bin, which is exactly where their vacuum cleaner is going.

All I can say is NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM L.G.

Sponsored Links
i agree. i was approached by their authorised repair company who asked me to do work on their behalf in my area. however they would only supply me with spares when needed them and refused to give some "fast moving " lines as stock. i made further enquiries with some of my "in the trade" friends who said that i'd have trouble getting paid. needless to say i turned them down.
with regard to seme, one of my friends uses them quite a lot and is impressed with their service, although it may be a different department to those who handle retail spares.
don't throw your vacuum out though because if it is an exhaust filter that's missing, it will still work fine. use it for the car or whatever.

keithwasherman said:
i agree. i was approached by their authorised repair company who asked me to do work on their behalf in my area. however they would only supply me with spares when needed them and refused to give some "fast moving " lines as stock. i made further enquiries with some of my "in the trade" friends who said that i'd have trouble getting paid. needless to say i turned them down.
with regard to seme, one of my friends uses them quite a lot and is impressed with their service, although it may be a different department to those who handle retail spares.
don't throw your vacuum out though because if it is an exhaust filter that's missing, it will still work fine. use it for the car or whatever.

No Keith its the main filter that i need thats the big problem and being foam it is designed to last only a short while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back