Do Not Buy From The Appliance Warehouse.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick heads up to warn people about some very poor service I have received.

Three or four weeks back we purchased a double under oven & a £400 gas hob form The Appliance Warehouse as detailed here - http://www.taw-sales.co.uk/products/1180.

This weekend we came to fit the appliances & the hob is actually too deep to fit over the oven.

Thinking this was very odd I checked back on their website, it says 43mm depth, which will fit without issue, however the hob is actually 55mm deep.

I called them Monday to explain the situation & all I get was "it's outside of our 7 day returns policy" followed by "our info comes from Zanussi, you'll have to take it up with them".

So I phone Zanussi, who were very helpfull, and they told me that the hob is 50mm deep to the outside of the lower case, plus ant fastners that protrude would be in addition to this 50mm depth, giving me the 55mm I have measured.

I confronted The Appliance Warehouse with this information and they are claiming Zanussi are telling them 43mm and that Zanussi are being very unhelpfull.

So thus far it's stalemate, The Appliance Warehouse are saying no refund, even though their website gives incorrect information, so I'm talking to trading standards as I type this.

Sponsored Links
Did you pay via credit card?
If so then make a complaint to the credit card company on the basis that the item is not as described and therefore unfit for purpose (does not fit).

Did you pay via credit card?
If so then make a complaint to the credit card company on the basis that the item is not as described and therefore unfit for purpose (does not fit).

Yes I did.

I e-mailed "customer care" a link to this thread, and surprise surprise one of the directors called me within 5 mins apologising and promising to sort it out. He said he would call back before they closed. No phone call came.

They are now promising to call me back today.......I still wait. :mad:

Was this on the web site when you read it?
"Please note: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the product specification data and the reproduction of the product images, we are unable to accept responsibility for any mistakes or misrepresentations as a result of product data supplied by the manufacturer."

Just wondering if the sneeks have just added it
:(

By the way I bought an oven and hob from them about 3 months ago and when I unpacked the oven a couple of days later noticed it had a big dent in the back. They changed it without issue even though I had signed for it at point of delivery. :)

Sponsored Links
your contract is with them its irrelivent who made the mistake [as long as it wasnt you]

as said abouve the consumer credit act says
must be as described and fit for purpose
and its neirther

so the shop has broken your contract no one else

We after nearly a week of messing I have hopefully got a result.

Looks like they have admitted a mistake & are going to exchange the hob.

The only problem now is what to do with the oak wortop that's been cut to fit the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back