Check the fuse on oven circuit

19 Oct 2023
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I moved into a house that has this old Belling 100 Dual Fuel (Gas hobs and two electric ovens) the house doesn't have mains gas so the hobs are run via a set of Calor gas bottles outside the kitchen. The oven is old and 50% not working, so it's time to replace. Not a massive fan of the calor gas bottles so we are looking at getting an Induction hob, Currys are doing a deal and will fit and recycle the old oven. It says that it needs a 32A hard wire for this, from the reading I have done I believe the one we have at the moment also requires a 32A with 6mm wire, but it's very old and I can't find any manuals online and the Belling support people have said it's too old for them to caring that information. I don't want Curry's people to get here and say it's not possible.

So to get to the point. Is there a quick and easy way for me to check?

Sponsored Links
Look at your MCB's or what ever, in the consumer unit, maybe take a photo and post it below..
Sponsored Links
If you can see part of the grey outer, you may find it is marked with the size or type. Then report back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local