Shallow built in oven? Who are Econolux?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace an old Diplomat ADP3120 built in oven. The door seal and probably the thermostat have failed and this oven was "inherited" when our house was purchased 7 years ago, so its time for a modern replacement.

Easier said than done!

Thanks to a poorly position gas pipe for the hob that sits above the oven and what appear to be shallow kitchen units, I'm really struggling to find an oven that will fit the space. The old Diplomat is only 520mm deep, but importantly, it has a sloped back top, which clears the gas pipe, allowing it to fit. The slope essentially reduces the depth of the top of the oven to 410mm deep, gradually increasing, where it reaches the maximum depth of 520mm at 110mm down from the top.

I have found a shallow oven; the Econolux ART28812, which is only 498mm deep and this is adequate for the 540mm depth of the cupboard, except for the top 65mm which only allows for 470mm deep due to the gas pipe connection to the hob. Many ovens I've looked at have a "cut out" at the top back, possibly to allow for gas pipes.

Unfortunately, I can't find any detailed dimensions for the Econolux ART28812 and therefore can't say for sure it will fit. There are also no photos of the back of the oven, which might give an indication of a "cut out".

It's also a make I've never heard of and I can't seem to find any information, even on the UK Whitegoods website.

Who owns the Econolux brand? Where can I get some detailed measurements/drawings from? Is the brand any good?

Can anyone recommend a shallow built in oven? The maximum depth available in the cupboard is 540mm, but reduces to 470mm for the top 65mm due to the gas pipe connection to the hob.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem! Be very grateful to know how you got on and did you find an oven to fit? Due to gas pipe I could do with a stepped back with a small area about 490 high to slot under gas pipe. Many thanks.

Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem! Be very grateful to know how you got on and did you find an oven to fit? Due to gas pipe I could do with a stepped back with a small area about 490 high to slot under gas pipe. Many thanks.
Hi Mazz, I ended up purchasing the following oven:

Bosch HHF113BR0B

The depth is 548mm. I also ended up having to pay someone to reposition the gas pipe behind the oven to make space for it. I was unable to find ANY oven that would fit while the gas pipe was in place.

I see this oven is now priced at £369! I only paid £250 8 months ago! Maybe I should invest in ovens rather than stocks and shares as that's quite a good return ;)

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for your reply. I’ve spent days looking! Really appreciate your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back