Fitting new oven in corner.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my daughter bought a new oven from John Lewis,a Beko that didn’t fit as there was a gas pipe from the hob in the way. The fitter said they should have warned her and arranged for a Bosch which is not so deep. But then after they had left, she realised that the dishwasher door wouldn’t open! See pic- by about 2 cms. They’ve been back and can’t push the oven any further back. I read in another forum that the gas pipe might be able to be moved further back. Is this reasonable? Any other bright ideas? I’ve looked for shallow ovens bug they all seem to be about the same depth. Daft place to put a dishwasher, it was a Smeg oven before with a narrow handle.

Sponsored Links
Sorry forgot this photo

Attachments

• 459f506a-152b-4502-bbde-2ddb1a6ea5be.jpeg
    459f506a-152b-4502-bbde-2ddb1a6ea5be.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 49
hey’ve been back and can’t push the oven any further back. I read in another forum that the gas pipe might be able to be moved further back.

Are you sure it is in fact the gas pipe, which is preventing it going back further, could it be up against the back wall? The front of the oven appears to already be well back, judging by the worktop edge above it.

Sponsored Links
It’s already a slimline dishwasher. And it was the John Lewis fitter who said the gas pipe was in the way. He said it happened regularly with gas hobs above. I’m thinking she might need to just get rid of the dishwasher.

It’s already a slimline dishwasher. And it was the John Lewis fitter who said the gas pipe was in the way. He said it happened regularly with gas hobs above. I’m thinking she might need to just get rid of the dishwasher.

I think the same.. Usually, items where the entire front needs to come out, drawers, dishwashers, ovens etc, are located with a cupboard unit either side of them, so they can open clear of other obstructions.

Who the hell designed the kitchen???
there need to be at least 80mm clearance in that corner.
Amateurs!

Exactly, Johnny 2007! I’ve looked at the other flats in the same block sold on Rightmove and they’re all like that. Future problems for everyone. The original ovens had small handles. Styles have changed. I’ve spent ages on Google but can find no solution. Thanks all for advice.

Look on the bright side, remove the dishwasher and gain more storage plus the dead space in the corner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back