Never trust a template

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a stainless twin bowl corner kitchen sink purchased from screwfix.
There are comprehensive installations including a good quality template which following the instructions I cut out and used to position the sink exactly n place on my nice 40mm solid oak worktop. I thought to cut out using a circular plunge saw and a half inch router.
I stuck the template onto a piece of mdf to use as a guide for the router,once I had cut out the shape placed it over the sink only to find it was too big and there was a (potentially very expensive gap) along the top.
It could have been a very expensive mistake, I checked and checked again and the fault is definitely the template.
Luckily no harm done and I got up this morning, used my own measurements and fitted it before breakfast.

Sponsored Links
Have you informed screwfix regarding this, I think they should be made aware of it.
You have been sensible regarding practise run. I tend to check templates up against the appliance being fitted first and if in doubt. I do a dumby cut, like you have.
You have been lucky, but it is luck that you have earned.

Never trust a template , any that have been photo copied rather than printed will definitely be out due to copiers reducing anything they copy by 2-3%.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back