new aerial

M

marsaday

Hello

i have a new tenant in a house and she cannot get freview. I am assuming i need a new aerial. Previous tenant had sat so this never came up.

Couple questions.

can i use the current pole and change the aerial ?

Do i need to change the cabling as well ?

Do i just site the aerial pointing the same way as the old one and move it about until i get a signal. i will be doing this myself i think.

Sponsored Links
yes she has the box and cant get any channels at all. Sounds like the aerial or a cable problem.

Can i reuse the old cable if it is a an aerial problem though, or does this need changing as well.

Sponsored Links
Definitely change the cable. Freeview is very susceptible to "impulse" interference from traffic, thermostats, switches etc. and double-screened cable will reduce the possibilities of problems.

Can't advise on aerial without knowing the relevant postcode.

More info: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/terindex.htm

Guess it is a bit late now but if she has moved in from another area has she actually retuned the box/TV for freeview?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back