Bedroom TV aerial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a new apartment. We have a communal satallite dish on the roof, which i have recently had Sky TV connected to with no poblem.

But i am having a problem with the aerial socket in the bedroom. There is an aerial socket that is a socket plate with just a tv aerial socket in the middle. Just above the round socket, it says TV on the plate itself. owever when i connect a tv aerial to the socket, the tv finds zero signal. I have noticed that the aerial does not quite fully locate into the socket. There is no damage to the socket, but i cannot push the aerial cable any further into the socket.

Do i need a different cable? Any help, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Photos of the socket and connector on the cable you're using would help.

Does the connector fit fully into the aerial socket on your TV ?

In the bedrooms in my house (Also dinning room and kitchen) the TV outlets connect to an amplifier in the loft which in turn is connected to a TV socket in the living room this connects to Sky box and through that to main TV aerial on roof.
If you have a similar system then it will need connecting in living room.

Sponsored Links
Is this a duplicate post? In a tenement, there is usually a booster provided within the building? If it is switched off, no signal received.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back