new bath-spreading the weight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when installing a new bath do you have to spread the weight of it (as when filled with water) or does the bath usually come with supports, etc????

Sponsored Links
the cheap ones come with five feet but they are crap. i useally sit the legs on 4 x 2 and lower the legs. rather than having the flimsy legs up full height.
one piece across the back two legs one on the front and a block in the middle.

ok-wink.gif

Sponsored Links
what about a cradle? don't baths come with these? i heard somewhere that baths needed to be supported along a wall on their length? just don't want it to go through the ceiling!!!

pay good money for a bath like a laufen they come with an ali surport alround bath and base.
cheap rubbish come with nothing round the rim so you use 2x1 screwed to the wall or counter sink it into wall.
that will only surport the rim to stop it flexing when getting in and out not stop it coming through your ceiling.

ok-wink.gif

i use 4x2 screwed to floor 2x1 around rim depending on wall or sink bath into a channel slightly in the wall but still with surports so it can't be pulled away from wall.

MSN-Emoticon-106.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back