New bathroom flooring - lose tiles or lay on top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to put a new floor in my bathroom which for some reason is tiled in 2 different styles. These are large tiles and textured.

Ideally I'd like to have black and white chequered flooring but this seems only to be available in vinyl, which my brother is trying to talk me out of.
If I go for this, would I have to prep the floor or take up the tiles?

What other flooring options are good for a bathroom?

Cheers
Rich

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean that it is currently "hard tiled" - i.e. ceramic type tiles?

If so these will need either taking up or screeding over

what type of "black and white" finish are you wanting - LVT, vinyl, or more ceramic type?????

What size is the room?
what is the sub floor? wooden? concrete?
what obstructions are there? - is there a bath panel that needs future removing?

could we have more info please!

thanks for getting back.

Yes they're ceramic tiles (I think... large/stone looking though)

I'm after the black and white chequered pattern, but I've only found this in vinyl and vinyl tiles...
The room is large for a bathroom, almost 20m2
The subfloor is wooden.

Not really any obstructions apart from a cast iron bath.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I know that faus floor had been doing tile effect laminates in black and white. They have a registered embossed surface to look and feel very good. They are not the cheapest of laminates but great quality and one of the best against moisture.

NB also use a moisture joint guard if installing laminate onto any kitchen floor to make it more moisture resistiant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back