New bathroom waste and grey water drainage questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New bathroom waste and grey water drainage questions.

Hi there,

I'm doing a loft conversion and my bathroom will be directly above and existing bathroom which has a 100mm dia waste pipe underneath. This waste pipe then Tee's into another waste pipe that runs from the kitchen out from underneath the house.
The SV pipe from this existing WC goes out thru the loft and roof just next to where I propose to put my loft conversion bathroom.

Will I be able to connect my new WC waste pipe directly to this SV pipe? If not can I Tee into the waste pipe below or must I Tee into the main waste pipe that runs from the kitchen?
Also, for my other drains in the new bathroom (sink,bath,shower) can I run them into the SV pipe? Wherever these drains go must they remain seperate or can I feed them into the one pipe before they Tee into a 100mm waste pipe.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just run through what your proposing with your local buildings control officer first but i see no issues. My only concern may be siphonage from the traps in the existing bathroom when you flush your new toilet. you may need to fit anti vac traps to those below but try it without first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back