New Bathroom

Yes at the minute all taps are seperate. Its just weird that all taps in the house seem to be high pressured apart fromthe shower. I know what you mean with flow/pressure, but the shower on fully cold and fully hot isnt the best, but the taps are

Sponsored Links
You will find that the taps are what are classed as full flow taps, i.e. that taps are as good as full bore all the way through once the valve is fully open therefore it doesn't need a lot of pressure to deliver a good flow.

The shower doesn't, it has lots of narrow waterways, valves and galleries that restrict the flow and therefore needs higher pressure to work correctly

Sponsored Links
If the hot and cold is cistern fed from the attic then you can :-

• Raise the cold water cistern higher
  • Pump the hot and cold
Or :-
  • Convert the system to mains fed hot and cold if your cold water flow and pressure can accommodate it

Okay. Not sure if I could get much more height in my attic that would make any difference. How would I go about converting to mains fed?

You could go the combi boiler route if it's only you & partner in the house

Anything more in the way of hot water usage required then you would need to look at an unvented hot water. This would need a :-

• Mains survey - is cold mains pressure and flow suitable to feed an unvented hot water cylinder
  • Location survey - Is there space/suitable location for an suitable sized unvented hot water cylinder installation
  • Heat source survey - Is the boiler suitable to heat an unvented hot water cylinder
There will be a significant cost to swapping over to mains fed hot & cold

@scottpetrie .... I do appreciate your dogged determination but as far as your shower is concerned then no, it's the restrictions within the shower that's the main issue I would think, nothing else.

Only way to up the pressure for the shower is change to mains hot and cold or pump the supplies I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back