new baxi boiler leaking when heating is off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had a baxi duo-tec combi put in in october last year. It has been fixed once already (a sensor had gone in it and i had no heating - apparently mine is only one of two boilers that baxi had had problems with) and now i have noticed it leaking. Its not leaking loads just drips here and there - ive just put a bowl in the cupbard to catch the water but i really dont understand how i can be having so many problems with a new boiler? i got it put in because i was told these boilers were really efficient and reliable :( any ideas what this leak could be and if its a big job to fix it?

Its under warrenty so thats not a problem, its the inconvenience of having to have afternoons or mornings off work waiting for engineers.

the heating and hot water are still working and the boiler only seems to drip when the heating is off.

thank for reading

Sponsored Links
If the pressure remains constant on the gauge, then it should be fairly easy to trace and repair.May be something as simple as a joint that needs a tweek. Difficult to diagnose over the interweb. :)

Thanks :) it isn't losing pressure as such - the pressure rises when the heating is on slightly but goes back down to within normal level when its off but that's ok isn't it, as long as it doesn't fall below and never goes into the red?

Plumber who fit the boiler is coming to have a look next week ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back