New blocks to reach window/door,with window problem

B

Brummy

Hi I am having a door/window replaced with a smaller window and have noticed the builders are connecting the new block work to the old blockwork with wallstarters, however they have left the plaster board between the old blocks and new in place, this doesn't seem right to me but they have assured me that is fine, what do you think as i am unsure

Cheers
Carl

Sponsored Links
It's not right. The new wall should be bonded to the existing, not tied. And the plasterboard should be removed.

Cowboys.

You could tell the building inspector, but it seems like you've not made an application.

This house just keeps giving woody, they have used wall starters at the bottom and mortar and then further up when plasterboard is present just carried on, i didnt think as just replacing cavity wall previously removed, should I notify them now? I really am at my wits end with this house now
Cheers
Carl

Sponsored Links
The new window being smaller than the original window/door which if you remember a previous post woody was the removed cavity wall, I have paid builder half of a lot of money no idea what to do next

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back