New boiler and expansion to the heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening Gents,
I'm half way through building an extension to my house, as part of the extension i'd like to install a new boiler, due to it being in a rubbish location at the moment and also being on its last legs.
The house is currently a 2 bed end terrace, however will soon be a three bed, with one bathroom, one ensuite/shower room.
The existing boiler is a Worcester 240, all rads apart from the bathroom one have got TRVs, there's no room thermostat.

I've been looking into boilers a fair bit, and the Vailiant ecotec plus 937 looks pretty good, I like the specs of it, especially with the optional weather controller, and its system so you can switch it on and off remotely through the vailiant website.

Now as part of the extension I intend to move the boiler into the utility room that's being built, as a result a lot of pipework will be changed, so i'm now considering wether it would be a good plan to change to a 2 zone system, one for upstairs one for down. Currently upstairs is a lot hotter than downstairs due to the open stair well from the lounge, so some way of controlling this would be good.

Also as part of the extension a conservatory is being built, it would be nice to put UFH into this, however I realise UFH really needs to be kept on constantly, which wouldnt be pratical with the rest of the heating system, unless I create a third zone?

Any suggestions would be great please :)

Sponsored Links
Cant see the point of a seperate upstairs zone on a terraced house. Your trvs should be shutting off upstairs to prevent overheating anyway. If they are off and it is still too hot up there, then a seperate zone isn't really going to help.

A seperate zone for the UFH is a must in my book as it can operate totally independantly, which is what is required by building regs for new conservatory's anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back