Dual Zone + weather compensation - possible?!?

Sponsored Links
No not me, - but I did ask for a price from the seller, - no answer yet.
I was looking at installing dual boilers but having decided against dual I dont think I have a need for this unit - although it does interwork with the multi-zone functionality that I could well be interested in. Downside seems to be with the Vaillant control unit pricing
I suspect a better fit to my needs would be from the Honeywell CM Zone units or one of its similar relations as I'm looking for more zones ... http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Systems/Wireless/
Anyone got any opinions on these?

CM Zone is discontinued in the UK.

Evohome is OK but the opentherm part won't work with non Opentherm boilers. Although I've installed a fair number of Evos over the last 24 months, I haven't done an Opentherm one yet, and frankly probably will not be actively pursuing that option.

EvoHome is not really a DIY proposition - Honeywell have enough trouble supporting their Evo trained installers. It is a zoning system rather than a weather comp system.

As suggested above, the likes of Viessmann and Vaillant have some units but the controls are difficult to understand. Worcester Bosch (amongst others) have weather compensated UFH on offer but it is expensive.

If you are looking for dual boilers, load sharing, duty cycling and weather comp you could take a look at Honeywell Smile, but it is a bit complex for a domestic application.

Sponsored Links
Simond, thanks, when you have 27 rads across 14 rooms plus large hall & landing with a 46kw whole house load its primarily a zoning system I'm after, I think :confused:

I suspect I'd get better economy with dual boilers, yes more expensive to install but cheaper unit costs to buy and modulate lower than a single so better savings on gas.

Will have a closer look at Smile although quick scan suggest max of three zones + h/w.
Also if there are any other reasonable suggestions from anyone.

I've got 26 rads and a Honeywell Hometronic in my house. I've had this around 7yrs now and it has been 100% reliable.

I'm a heating installer so only want the best for myself! We've fitted many similar setups for our customers since (4 this year).

With Hometronic I have 16 zones of addressable heating.

If I had £1500 spare I could also control it from anywhere in the World using an internet enabled device such as an iPhone - but have drawn the line here.

Two of our installs in 2013 have been equipped with this option though, one where the owners of the properties have been overseas - and one of them is developing an Android app for his!

Evohome is an 8 zone simpler system using some of the Hometronic components, but has less flexibility and does not currently allow remote access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back