Dual Zone + weather compensation - possible?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have UFH being installed downstairs in a new extension / alteration, and rads upstairs. I have a Worcester Bosch 30CDi boiler. Al I want is the ability to control the UFH in one zone, the rads in a second zone (each with own thermostat) and external weather compensation. Seems simple I thought but seems impossible with that boiler. Is it? Any way around it? The HoneyWell RF2 seems to be nearly there....but not quite.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
yes it can be done and there are loads of options but it will cost £££'s especially if you want multiple compensated zones
Not sure what is available for the domestic market others on here will advise you far better

I could point you in the direction of lots of commercial controllers but they would be too pricey to be honest

try a google for "weather compensation controller"

Matt

So a Vaillant VRC 470 would be perfect... not expensive...but not compatible with a WB boiler... Surely someone (Honeywell?) must do something that works?

Was told is possible by WB themselves, will have a look and see if I can find info.
Was something like using a WComp controller in boiler and then hanging a S plan plus onto the external roomstat connection but sure I have mail about it.

Sponsored Links
I've just installed a honeywell evotouch with wireless tpv's. I believe it can handle UFH as well via dedicated relays as well as separate thermostats for up to 8 zones. Weather compensation is available at a price. Oil bills almost halved so far.

This configuration is big standard in Germany rads plus UFH, and it can be done. Its really whether Worcester can be bothered to give the right information to the installer..he would need various bits that aren't easily accesible in the UK

This configuration is big standard in Germany rads plus UFH, and it can be done. Its really whether Worcester can be bothered to give the right information to the installer..he would need various bits that aren't easily accesible in the UK

all req parts to create a weather compensated system are easily available in the uk Alec, you just have to know what to look for
that and of course the cost, cost effectiveness comes into it

Matt

all worcester stuff, that integrates with the boiler, or other manufactuers?

Thanks guys, all great. I've looked at the FW100 from WB and as far as I can see (not an engineer!) it doesn't permit dual Zone UFH & rads?

I assume the UFH is piped up on a separate zone so just WC the whole lot & set the curve so u have min flow temp of 45 degrees to satisfy the blender / UFH.
zone valve on the UFH then RF2 5pack for the two zones. Set min temp on the D92 UFH room stat to your set back temp & bobs your uncle.

If the UFH is not on a separate zone u need EvoHome. Not cheap - but the best stuff on earth!

if it's like vaillants controller and viessman the second zone on the display only activates when the bosch zonal control unit is connected...

there are operational advantages when using boiler manufacturers controls...mixing and matching with other makes is all well and good but there will be a few "rough edges"...

the disadvantage of mixing other makes is that you end up with a littany of controls that don't really talk to each other and offer the customer twice the amount of learning they have to undertake to make there system work..

much better to use the bosch mixer module one of their mixing valves (if they have them) and leave the end user with a coherent set of controls that follow a design engineers logic...rather than pick'n'mixing the older products long since abandoned in Germany

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back