Weather compensation, zoning or both?+ minimum output

Sorry to butt in, I have 24l/m so your saying I would need a 60kw boiler for hot water? Would it be 1.5kw per litre. Your not going to really achieve more 15/16lm from a Combi anyway

You are reaching your "decisions" based on a lack of understanding of the basics of heating engineering.

You have apparently measured the open pipe flow rate whereas the relevant flow is the dynamic flow rate.

A combi boiler and distribution pipework will limit the actual flow rate because of their internal resistances. The reduction depends on the supply pressure and resistance and is usually about a half to two thirds.

If you hope to use more than one hot water outlet at a time then you need a hot water cylinder and a boiler of about 18 kW which will be able to modulate down to 4-5 kW and operate efficiently most of the time without resorting to turning on/off which is not efficient.

You should have two zones, TRVs and weather compensation.

Whilst I m not a big fan of Worcester boilers, their FP100 control unit is excellent and allows the setting of the proportion of in/out temperature measured to control the boiler flow temperature. Many others don't!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back