Weather compensation or room temp sensor or both?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler has 2 zones at the minute, upstairs and downstairs. Both fed off ESBE mixing valves. Also a weather sensor outside.

I've been running the boiler on setting which takes readings from both sensors, with set 'low times' for each zone where the indoor temp can go 6deg lower than the thermostat(adjustable).

The engineers that came over said i'd use less fuel running the boiler in weather comp mode with set max values from the zone sensors, I can't get my head around this. They said that when my heat comes on the type of house(old/drafty/solid walls) takes a full 35kw effect to get to temp, where as running it in weather comp the boiler could run at a lower power for longer. So less pellets used and the house is warmer for longer.

While it makes sense, I want to do some research. Has anyone tried similar? Or any studies into actual energy needed for both modes?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back