New boiler and wireless room stat not speaking to each other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just got a new Worcester Bosch 28i Junior boiler installed on Wednesday. A Horstmann HRT4-ZW and ASR-ZW wireless receiver and room stat were also connected.

The room stat was put in the hallway which I wasn't sure about - it's a flat and the hall is quite small so it reaches the set temperature before any of the other rooms do so the heating was switching off and the rooms weren't particularly warm.

I thought I'd try the room stat in the living room to see if it made any difference.

I dropped it and the batteries came out :(

Put them back in and the receiver is connected to the room thermostat OK but the boiler isn't switching off when the set temperature is reached.

Any ideas what's happened? I'm melting here!!

Sponsored Links
Is the CH symbol flashing on the boilers lcd screen and/or is the flame symbol showing on the stat?

In regards placement of stat in your hall, the system should have been balanced out making it a non problem.

Sponsored Links
the boiler doesn't have an LCD screen :confused:

The aerial symbol is showing on the stat and the current room temperature is showing at 27 degrees but the stat is set at 17 degrees and there's no flame showing and the receiver is showing it's off but the boiler is on.

If I turn the temp on the stat up past the room temp, the flame is showing and the receiver switches to the on position.

That seems to be working OK but the boiler just isn't switching off.

They just installed the boiler - never did anything to balance the radiators :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back