New boiler due to be installed what to watch out for ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Finally our new boiler is due to be installed next week just want to make sure I do not miss anything.

The engineer is on the Gas Safe website and have used him before to fit another appliance and is local. He is ultra through and a likes to follow rules to the letter. He has even asked me for a copy of the manual and install guide for the boiler and the VRC430 so he could read up as he had not install those particular models before (some serious bedtime reading).

We are going to be going from a system boiler to a combi (Valliant Ecotec Exclusive 838) all old pipe work and the 3 tanks in our loft are going to be removed including a very very poorly routed gas supply that goes via the loft then back down to the first floor in various size pipe along the way (the boiler was originally in the loft apparently) !!!! New direct gas supply and cold feed in 22mm in the most direct route possible. Magna Clean Twin tech to be installed, Power flush will be done and magnetic anti lime scale device is going to be fitted.

Have picked up 1 litre of Sentinel X100, probably more inhibitor than the system has had for some time I suspect.

What should I expect him to do in terms of commissioning and testing the boiler and setting up our VRC430?? How long should the testing take ?

What paper work should I end up with in terms of certificates etc ?

Do I send off the warranty card to Valliant once he has competed it or does he have to ?

Do the council have to be informed of the install ?

Cheer Jason

Sponsored Links
Hes fitting a good boiler,so the main thing is next is too give the system a good flush out,this is the key to a reliable boiler!fitting a good filter as well

Your installer sounds spot on...Just relax and let him get on with it.

Your installer sounds spot on...Just relax and let him get on with it.

I'll echo that. If you have a large system consider adding two bottles of X100, overdosing does not present a problem, underdosing on the other hand does.

Sponsored Links
Easy guide for setting up 430 and boiler-

set both control knobs on boiler at maximum
set Heat curve on 430 it comes out factory quite low(1.4ish). About 2.1 is good for most properties but worth reading up about WC heat curves and what they mean so you can tweak it later down the line.

New boiler due to be installed what to watch out for

You need to watch you don't spill his tea, and don't pizz him off by taking note of every move he makes cos he sounds like he's going to do a good job. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Magna Clean Twin tech to be installed, Power flush will be done and magnetic anti lime scale device is going to be fitted.

Cheer Jason

You may need to rethink that one as lime scale is not magnetic!

Not that there should be any there anyway.

I am not sure why you are buying X100. Depending on your agreement with the installer he would usually be supplying all the water treatment chemicals.

Why not buy him some X800 to use for the power flushing while you are about it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back