new boiler, heating works fine but hot water does not.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need urgent help from someone.

Installed a vaillant ecotec 418 boiler about two months ago.

heating works fine but boiler does not heat the water. I had a new valve installed but still nothing changed.

I have 7 years Vaillant warrenty but vaillant thinks the issue is not with the Boiler as their engineer installed the boiler.

the truth is i replaced the boiler because of that issue, but still it has not gone away. can anyone help with this???????

zak

Sponsored Links
Hi, what sort of valve is fitted?

I'm guessing it's one of these...

Does it ever heat up the storage tank at all, or is it always cold?

Hi,

well the engineer installed the drayton valve, i see two valve there and both heat up and the valve is not T shape but the other one.

thanks

Perhaps it would help if you spoke to the installer..

Sponsored Links
if you have two valves it looks like one of them is not opening at all and I assume the storage tank never gets heated whatever the controls are set to.

Some photos of the system would help.

if you have two valves it looks like one of them is not opening at all and I assume the storage tank never gets heated whatever the controls are set to.

Some photos of the system would help.

The installer has replaced the valve he thought could be the problem, I guess we can replace the other one as well.

I will try to get a photo for you to see.

Unfortunately not a very reliable installer if he didn't bother to check it was all working before leaving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back