New boiler in kitchen - how to make it look better

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Partner and I want to sell house in about 6-12 months time. We had previous feedback from tons of buyers that boiler was old and terrible looking (true). We've now replaced it.

However, it doesn't look too great. We are going to try to get it all re-tiled around the sides at some point soon.

Option 1

My best scenario is to get a kitchen cupboard and disguise it as an extra space. But the cupboard design is old, hard to get the colour matching, the handles, etc.. I don't think it would work.

Option 2

Also I guess we can just box up the pipes at the top?
Would you also do the bottom as well?

I find it really hard to visualise that but I'm guessing that would be a good option?

If so, is it just a case of getting a carpenter round?
I'm assuming it's quite an easy task?

boiler1.jpeg

Any views on this or advice

Sponsored Links
Pity you did not have new installed to cupboard level .
You could use L shaped boxing , mdf, across , worktop to ceiling and decorate / tile to match existing . Need to free stand to allow access but would hide everything .

Pity you did not have new installed to cupboard level .
You could use L shaped boxing , mdf, across , worktop to ceiling and decorate / tile to match existing . Need to free stand to allow access but would hide everything .

Yea it is a shame. Honestly didn't think about moving it as I just wanted it to be done as cheap as possible. But in hindsight to move it down to a cupboard potentially would not have cost too much.

I would box the entire thing in from counter top to the same height as the wall units (you won't notice the pipes in the small gap).

Design it to look like a cupboard (painted and with timber moldings). Then put fake drawer fronts and handles on . I've seen this done before my father also did the same and it looks very good.

You could even put a tall wine rack between the boxing in and the current cupboard, again to the same height as current cupboard.

Sponsored Links
You have to ask yourself whether what you’re proposing to do is really going to increase what someone will pay for the property.

The boiler is new, which is a good thing; boxing it in will hide it away. The present appearance draws attention to the fact that you have a brand-new boiler. So personally I’d do very little.

If you do decide on boxing, make sure it can be removed easily for servicing - ask in “plumbing” about how much they like boilers hidden in cupboards!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back