New boiler install - stick with OE controls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at getting new CH installed soon. and have been asked the question about boiler controls.
I know quite a few people worship the CM927. however am i right in thinking that its doesn't have the ability to modulate the CH output so wouldn't be as efficient as using the controls from the specific manufacturer?.

Its a straightforward install - combi and 9 rads no zoning required, current preference is a Vaillant 831, with a VRC470f weather compensating control. ive seen a few comments on here about the 470 not being straightforward, but the learning curve wont be an issue for me.

Ive also been interested in HeatMiser, and the BG Hive system - but i assume these would have the same drawbacks as the honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Intergas boilers work really well with weather compensation and opentherm roomstats to give modulating room temps.
Not had any complaints from customers yet, they just comment on how much more comfortable the heat in the house is, i call it the goldilocks effect "it's just right" :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back