New Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a baxi solo 24 installed last week to replace my condemed glow worm. We kept the existing control panel and hallway thermostat as we are happy with how these work. However, since he left we have had the following problems:

1 Thermostat in the hall does not work/affect the boiler at all

2 Went to run a bath (as the timer should have been heating hot water) but there was no hot water. Checked the boiler and green power light was off. I clicked the heating switch on the wall control panel and the green light came on.

3 Following the issue at 2 above, the water did heat up, but the radiators also started to heat up, despite the fact that I had switched the heating off.

I have left a message for the engineer to come back and fix the problem. Any ideas - a simple cross wiring perhaps??

Thanks - Gazza

Sponsored Links
Afraid a lot more.

A new boiler would need roomstat to control the heating, a cylinderstat to control hot water, have independent control of heating and hot water, hot water cylinder must not have a red jacket (prelagged cylinder is recomended for fuel efficiency) to list a few points.

I suspect your fitter has either forgotten what you asked him to do, or is unable to wire the controls.

He should have checked the basic operation of the system.

Are you sure that he is gas registered? Did you check his registration nu ber?

Where did you find him?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back