New boiler q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone tell me would a 15kw boiler be suitable for two bed house still having water tanks in loft and cylinder

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I need a 7kw boiler according to the idhee calculator.

Tbh it's probably not far off, I can heat most of the house with a 5kw log burner.

I know these things are generalisations, but you do have to watch anything that is manufacturer led.
Unlike many manufacturer's boiler size calculators, the Baxi one is just an easy-to-use online version of the Energy Savings Trust's "Domestic Heating Sizing Method" (CE54), which you can download from here. The actual methodology and data used was provided by the Building Research Establishment.

I used the Baxi version and then did a paper exercise using the EST book and got exactly the same results. The IDHEE calculator will give slightly different results as it is based on an earlier version of CE54.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back