new boiler qoute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all....the boilers packed in. Have a semi detached 4 bed house.the boiler is in the loft on the chimney breast. Just had a qoute of 2500 for a new worcester 25si, vertical flue to roof, a condensate pump routed to drain in stack and Worcester comfort 2 controller, And some kind of filter that collects all the crap. System flush included.
Does that seem a fair price to you guys.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
How much does a house cost?

To many variables in there for folk reading a forum to say fair or not.

That said, they are at least saying they will flush it and fit the filter, and sound like there thinking ahead regards to condensate disposal. But as for price its fair if the jobs done well and works correctly after.

Ok mate. They seem like a decent firm.
I'm thinking it's a fair price myself. Expensive but the going rate. It cost me 2300 in my last house a terrace for a worcester 24i junior with 2 new rads fitted. And that was about 6 years ago.
One thing I'd like to know is whether the worcester comfort 2 controller is good. If I set heating to start at 7...will it actually turn on at 7 instead of like my honey well controller turn on at about 5 ish and warm upto temperature set for 7.
Cheers in advance

I've not got first hand expirience with that controller tbh.

Most that do this can be turned off tho. Like the honeywells, I would expect that setting can be turned off so it starts when its told to start. What sort of honeywell is it?

Sponsored Links
It's a honeywell CM67NG. Never saw the point of it. If I'm not getting up till 7 oclock and snug in bed. The thing used to kick in at 5 ish or before to warm up to set temperature at say 6.45. Even used to set it for 9 o'clock just to try and get it to start roughly about 6.45. But then everyone's out door for 8.30 so it was pointless. And the things in kitchen about 8" from window

67ng was not very reliable with optimisation feature on. Best turn that off.

Boiler in loft ideal with Comfort 2rf; because it controls preheat of HW as well as CH times/temperatures from downstairs. And displays error codes etc.

Just done one actually.

We fitted a 34CDi, system filter and Comfort2 RF, got 10 yrs warranty for our customer under a Worcester accredited deal.

If you can avoid a condense lifter it would be best, very noisy and will come on at random at any time of day or night, when nearly full.

Simon,

Have you tried the Aspen condense pumps?
Quiet and very reliable..

The vaillant/glowworm condensate pumps are by far the quietest ive used, sort of a slow start pump seems a lot more gentle than the bulky units and could work on any boiler (dunno the price, assume their not cheap) but rarely ever see them faulty (although i have no idea on numbers being fitted)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back