new boiler quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

I have recently received a quote from a local installer:, he has listed the info as follows:

current boiler - thorn apollo 30/50 b
new boiler - broag avanta 28c combi - standard flue kit

remove h/w cylinder
re-pipe gas supply in 22mm approx 7metres
brick up old flue hole
6 x thermostatic valves
wireless programmable room t/stat (honeywell cm927)
system powerflush

He has quoted me £1800 no vat to pay

I was just wondering if this is a reasonable price as I have never had this kind of work done before?

Sponsored Links
if anything it sounds too cheap.
the most important thing with a new boiler is to flush the system.

my advice would be a powerflush and a magnaclean and maybe fit a worcester bosch boiler.

thanks for your reply, he has stated he will do a powerflush on the system.
Maybe i will request a magnaclean also.
The guy seems like a nice chap, and i dont want to waste alot of installers time quoting.

I dont mind paying the money as long as a decent boiler is installed that will stand the test of time.

I thought it seemed quite reasoanble, I would prefer to pay more rather than corners being cut.

Is this price within a reasionable price bracket for the work stated do u think or is it seriously under priced?

Sponsored Links
The guy has given you a good price.
He would rather have your money in his pocket than you putting more in someone elses.

Just done the same job, with the same boiler for £450 more. That's a very good price. Then again I'm in Bristol, not London prices, but things are a tad higher here.

The Broag is an excellent choice, very quiet, simple to fix (they don't break very often!), great hot water flow rate, tried and tested internals plus stainless heat exchanger. Good company to deal with too.

I was just wondering if this is a reasonable price as I have never had this kind of work done before?

:!: Get some more quotes

No one here can/should give you a reliable price because we haven't seen the job.

No one here can/should give you a reliable price because we haven't seen the job.

i am sure most of us can give a fair idea of what the price will be without seeing it.
i know a company that do quotes over the phone :eek:

We can all give ballpark figures and if over the phone will tend to be on the high side to cover the unexpected.

Only someone seeing the job can give a correct price based on what they see needs doing and what they expect to make from a job.

The guy seems like a nice chap, and i dont want to waste alot of installers time quoting.

Why????
Thats their job. If they want the work, they'll quote. Simple.
I work in sales, and the more you quote the more you earn.

Of course, what i do, because i don't want people in and out all the time is arrange a time with everyone to show up at the same time, look at the job, ask any questions etc and provide me with a price.

If people are late, don't bother etc....they don't get a look in.
Be up front with them, and they'll be up font with you.

At the end of the day, spending money like that, you should be getting a least two other quotes.

Of course, what i do, because i don't want people in and out all the time is arrange a time with everyone to show up at the same time, look at the job, ask any questions etc and provide me with a price.

Bet that goes down well :LOL:

I'd tell you to get screwed.....

The world can do without little hitlers who think that they are important, who know the lowest price of everything but not the value of good service

I'd tell you to get screwed.....The world can do without little hitlers who think that they are important, who know the lowest price of everything but not the value of good service

Totally agree.

Such is the world we are in......................................................

I just deleted all i had written there. Would probably got banned :LOL:

Had a guy a bit like Milo a few months ago and I told him where to go but last week he called desperate for someone to sort out his brand new heating.

Worcester 42kW combi supplied with 18metres of 22mm, lots of beds or elbows (Cant see because the ceilings are in and painted and the floors are all boarded with oak) The pipe also supplies a 8 burner range which isn't a problem because the DHW output from the boiler is only 12 litres a minute... Oh and the flow to one radiator seems to be capped off somewhere under the floor.

He took great delight in telling me that he only paid £1200 for his boiler, I assumed that he had bought all his materials by searching for the lowest price, which is fine, but he also tried to source his labour the same way... I have no sympathy for him... On top of all this, he has no installation cert for a house that he has built to sell and new gas supply can only be run internally due to strict planning......

I left him explaining to his wife how much money he has saved..... Ironically once I totaled up what he had spent on is heating, I recon that I could have knocked about £1500 of what he paid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back