How much to fit new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a quote from a reliable plumber to supply and fit new boiler and flue kit, but I think it's a bit steep. He quotes £1800 + VAT. (ariston boiler)
It's a small flat with a wall mounted boiler. Is this about right for a days labour + boiler?

Sponsored Links
andygg said:
Just had a quote from a reliable plumber to supply and fit new boiler and flue kit, but I think it's a bit steep. He quotes £1800 + VAT. (ariston boiler)
It's a small flat with a wall mounted boiler. Is this about right for a days labour + boiler?

What is your location?

For goodness sake get three quotes, and then make your mind up, if there all similar then it's obviously about right, just make sure they all quote for the same spec.

Sponsored Links
I will do it for that in fact you can have two boilers and I'll wash your car too.

I'm going to get a few more quotes. The quote is for new bolier +flue , new valves and changing a dodgey valve on the gas pipe to the hob,.
He did say £500 for the labour, so i thought with boiler it should be around a grand,but then he came back with 1800+ vat...making it over £2100. !
(I'm in edinburgh by the way).
Obviously if all quotes are the same then fair enough but at that price i'd be looking to have my whole system replaced.!

Im in Edinburgh, looking at one of the suppliers catalogue I would say the boys are more than correct.......... Ariston Boilers average about £400- £500, flue £50 , other bits and pieces £100 max , work the maths out and I would say around an expensive £500 for labour ....... wahey £1000 profit!!!!

I presume he's been round surveyed the job, calculated the parts and written up a quote. He will order and arrange delivery/pickup?. Powerflush the system (with chemicals) for 1 day. Fit boiler and flue with a mate, and make good and commission and then be on call for 12 months for any teething problems and guarantee work. Get paid (hopefully), pay tax, pay overheads. Might end up £200 profit a day....big deal, my audi garage charge £90 an hour labour!. Get 3 quotes...if they are similar that is the value of the job.

Yeah and every penny he makes on the job will go straight into his pocket for spending. Because his van won`t have cost him a penny to buy and insure, his local garage will have let him fill it with fuel for nothing out of the goodness of ther hearts .Also his tools will not have cost him a penny because they will have been handed down to him from his father who got them from his father before him. The pittance he earned as an apprentice for 3/4 years while all his mates where earning 3 times as much won`t matter to him either same as the week off work and the £1000 to resit exams every 5 years just so he is allowed to work wont even come into it ,And i am sure he will be too busy spending all that money he has made to even think of paying public liabilty, national insurance ,accountants bills,corgi registration and oh yeah that thing called tax.

Sorry to sound cynical to my fellow professionals......... £1000 profit in 1 days work , what van is it???..... gold plated, do this job 5 times a week and its £5000 a week without overtime , a cool quarter million plus a year in profit alone....... The Queen would insure you herself!
Get real and cut out the rip offs, give back the Ferrari........ gives us all a bad name.
But if you get away with it???????.....

Ohh please! My heart bleeds - ohh and you forgot to mention having to pay for fuel for the van (my fuel to work isnt even tax deductible - ohh and I never had to go to college for 7yrs unpaid!!!). Also I get paid rather less than some of the. err, busier 'heat the feet' guys - but I only save peoples lives for a living (clean hands ;)). Supply and demand and all that...

cant be done in 1 day not if it done properly as ollski has said there are numerous things to do and a day is pushing it i mean how long to do a Flush ( properly ) and u get charged £ 600 for that alone in the north east of england so 1800 is a fair price

seeing as he is going to fit trv,s all round etc and comply with the benchmark paperwork

I have said this before and will say it again, there is no such thing as rip off, it's all relative, if I buy a peice of antique furniture from someone for £50.00 knowing it is worth £5000.00 and then sell it and make £4000.00 profit, am I ripping the the person off or am I just a good business man, is lord sainsbury ripping off his checkout staff because he doesn't share his millions with them or is he just a good business man, the same for Mcdonalds etc, if people are willing to part with their money for a good service or product then they havent been ripped off, if the product or service is not as promised and is rubbish and doesn't get rectified then they have been ripped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back