New Boiler recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1996 Vaillant boiler is kaput - still, at least it's not cold...

My plumber has recommended two choices and i wondered if anyone can vouch for either.
I'm also interested to know if the cost quoted is competitive.

The quotes are:
Ideal Logic Plus = 1860 fitted.
Glow-worm Make TBC = 1920 fitted.

All comments appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This post comes up on a daily basis on here and to be honest most replies will be down to installer preferance but bear in mind installers install they dont always look after the installed product, Im afraid you wont get any definate answer, personally I wouldnt recommend either but have a chat with your installer , ask what guarentee you will get and make your own deciscion with the information available to you

As an installer Im biased towards Worcester as you can get a 7 year warranty and Worcester have got a proven track record of honoring there warranty
BUT if im honest the installer and the installation are more important than the make of boiler ........... a poor installation can make a good boiler a poor boiler

Myself .......... I would go with Worcester or Valliant ... just my views mind you

Sponsored Links
i dont install boilers under 300 kw
so it makes no odds to me
i aint quoting
35 kw combi
walk in the park

96 yev had a good run out of it
vaillant used to be good before they discovered plastic

Thanks for responses so far. Maybe i'll ask my installer about vaillant/worcester.
How about the prices... does that seem competitive?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back