New gas combi boiler: Bosch Greenstar or Glow Worm HE cxi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the best of the engineers I've seen has just given me this option as a replacement for my 14 yr old kaput Vaillant. Aesthetically I'd opt for the Bosch but is the Glow Worm mechanically better in any other way? I don't care that the Bosch is slightly more expensive if it's as good as the Glow Worm. All opinions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would take the Bosch greenstar rather than the glowworm. I've installed a number of them including at home and never had any problems.

worcester for me....had a glow worm top bod engineer tell me a new installation was noisy due to having inhibitor added to the water!....mind you I have got a greenstar with an intermittent foghorn noise problem. I don't know I'd flip a coin.

Would say both the Greenstar and Glow worm Cxi were comparable, the Glow worm being better value and the Greenstar having better backup.
Never had any major problems with either of these boilers. (yet...touch wood)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back