glow worm 30 cxi combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all I have had a glow worm 30 cxi combi boiler installed, maintained, and trouble free for 7 years, recently we had a power cut and when the power came on again the boiler was showwing a F12 fault ,telling me to check the wiring, before I had chance to do anything we had another power cut, then when the power came on again the display window/screen was blank, nothing showing at all, I am not a boiler engineer, is there anything I can practialy do to find the fault before paying an engineer, my next door neighbour is an electrician although not a domestic boiler engineer, he has checked the wiring with a meter for current up to the circuit boards and display board and there is current to both any suggerstions please,cheers jd.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that is there anyway of testing the PCB or is it a replacment job, I did check the fuse and it looked to be in good order, if its a new PCB have you any idea how much a replacement one would cost,cheers jd.

Isn't the front cover on these also the combustion chamber cover as well?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Any low voltage component could cause this issue so its not as simple as changing the board. it COULD be the board but it could also be a list of other things.

I would suggest getting in an engineer to carry out some tests.

Glow Worm offer call outs that may be worth looking at which cover parts etc.

Is there a reset button on the front panel? A pen or pencil in the hole to press the button.

If it just happened after a power cut i would assume the pcb but you would still have to check the low voltage circuit because it could just be a coincidence that this has happened and the pcb for these aren't cheap.

link deleted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back