New boiler recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Looking at replacing my old boiler.
Currently have a myson apollo fanfare with hot water tank in airing cupboard and 2 small tanks in attic.
I have a family of 4 living in a 3 bedroom terraced house with 7 rads and 1 bathroom with a Trevi boost shower.
Would I be better off with a combi or a standard boiler?
How much should I expect to be paying to have a new boiler fitted?
Any recommend fitters/companies?
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Sponsored Links
Understand the limitations of the options is the key.

Combination boilers aren't for everyone, but...

If you are happy with the shower performance now, then there is no need to spend extra to change over.

A combi could work but you'd need to get your incoming main checked for a sensible flow rate. Combis will cost more to install than regular boilers, so if you're looking for a cheaper option then just go for a regular boiler. For brands, look at Intergas. Nobody on here can tell you how much you should be paying, because nobody has seen the job. Get three quotes from three reputable local installers

Sponsored Links
A combi might not be much more expensive if the OP has a gravity system that will need substantial upgrading to the controls anyway.

Whereabouts in Kent and we may be able to put you onto someone decent

A Trevi Boost shower is incompatible with a combination boiler....... detail, detail!

From a decent Kent installer - who doesn't share the enthusiasm of the vocal minority on here for Intergas. More of a Worcester-Bosch person myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back