New Boiler

Thats understandable but the pushfit overflow is just a tight physical fit without any seals.

Presumably they are concerned that it might come apart.

I think that I have seen more problems with the solvent weld overflow than the pushfit. It seems more brittle ansd cracks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I thought you had to lag 32mm outside, I'm sure that's what some MI's say. I have been using pushfit 32mm because MI's don't indicate otherwise.

OK Tony I bow to your superior intelligence on what to do when faced with crap boiler that you wouldn't normally have anything to do with but trying to be nice to poor (monetarily) customer who scrimped all their savings to buy the cheapest boiler they could find in the only place they knew to buy stuff to replace their ideal e type which would probably have outlasted their new boiler by another 50 years if someone interested in their circumstances had upgraded the gas valve and ignition for them. I got to them when the biasi was sat it the kitchen waiting to be fit. I didn't have the heart to suggest I repair the etype which would be a lot cheaper for them. All this crtap about heavy weight boilers costing 150 pounds more a year to run doesn't ring true, especially when such wonderfully engineered old gentlemen as the etype have a greater built in longevity than a Rolls Royce, well the burner is a biut like a Rolls Royce cylinder head. When you consider all the greenhouse gasses going into the production of a crap boiler every 10 years (if you can make them last that long) or the £750 bills after 6 visits and still combi won't work so baby has to bath a Nana's (as in recent Puma thread) far outweghs the 150 pound excess fuel bills (if you subscribe to that efficiency comparrison, statistics are just a political tool to sway the heart of the ignorant people).

Bring back pilot lights!

Sponsored Links
There can be a difference in the MI relating to condensate pipes.

Most of the latest boilers release the condensate in bursts of 100 ml at a time and this rushes away down the drain before it has a chance to freeze. Not normally considered any need to lag a 32 mm pipe outside.

Some of the older boilers release the condensate drip by drip and this can easily freeze in the pipe so those MI would say lag the pipework.

Buying the Biasi ( was it condensing? ) is a cheap way to buy an Ideal Mini C. You were unlucky but they really are very reliable boilers if they are properly installed and their tech help usually answer within a very few minutes and have a fully qualified engineer available to speak to if necessary. In the unlikely event of any problem under the warranty their service agents are contracted to attend within 24 hrs!

Tony Glazier

Hi Tony, no the biasi was fitted last Jan/Feb, I haven't supplied a non steamer for over a year. Once I found a good design I burned my boats and never had any trouble selling a forward compliant product. I was commissioning stuff up to April, but when since April a guy asked me to commission three boilers I went to see them found they were not complient and told him, you should have seen me at the design stage, it's too late now I can't have anything to do with them. What he has done about it I have no idea. Now the red tape is getting thicker I'll just refuse to commission altgogether, it's hard enough making my own installations fit all the requirements of two jags.

PVMAN I still can't find a convincing reason to change my gravity hot water system and Ideal Mehico at home, I get bundles of hot water at plenty of flow, (4 story house) my wife has a great big airing cupboard she uses profusely, and since I repair boilers for a living at least I am never disturbed by my own boiler. You'd have to pay me a lot more than £150 a year to make me change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back