New Boiler Required - Recommendations Please

Sponsored Links
It's easy to ridicule and criticise. This negative attitude achieves nothing. Use you energy positively and increases your knowledge rather than celebrating you own ignorance.

I agree there.. Viessmann have excellent products in the 200 range but it does require people to have a slightly different understanding as to how to use a boiler

when you say no room sensing, or no return sensor the time served installers panic....they struggle with a different approach, and anyone who defends or promotes this approach is automatically vilified...

its sad but the way it is...

I might add though that Viessmann have only themselves to blame to a very great extent... they even bought out a simplified boiler ( the 100series ) in the UK rather than educate installers...

Use you energy positively and increases your knowledge rather than celebrating you own ignorance.

Now that is ignorant.

And MM's contributions here have been little more than advertising, and he has been flagged up several times for it. I can't remember seeing anything considered helpful other than"buy a Viessmann. That'll fix it".

Alec, you're probably right, but when we've discussed things like "no room" sensing, you've been very evasive. I know you have a lot of knowledge, and we both know you hold some of it back just to wind Lee and GW up ;) :D.

It is evangelism that tends to get vilified rather than new ideas IMHO; and whilst I am guilty of it to a degree I know, I do try and make sure I have a range of options; and try new things out on myself first before inflicting them on customers.

Like last night (well 2am this morning actually) I got my boiler set up on a temporary connection to a 937. Looking very promising for my OT TS :cool: .

Sponsored Links
Decided on a Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 630 - £1800.00 - £2000.00 fitted.

Unfortunately have had to let the excellent plumber go who helped me at the weekend as he quoted £2500.00 fitted.

Decided on a Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 630 - £1800.00 - £2000.00 fitted.

Unfortunately have had to let the excellent plumber go who helped me at the weekend as he quoted £2500.00 fitted.

You usually get what u pay for so u may live to regret that. Buy cheap - buy twice.

I wouldn't call two grand cheap when you can get it fitted for £350+ parts.

I thought £1800.00 - £2000.00 about right. £1200.00 for the boiler + flue including VAT. £600.00 - £800.00 to fit and supply odds and sods.
Father in law paid £430.00 including VAT to have his boiler fitted as mentioned earlier.

It is being fitted by my regular plumber, better the (old) devil you know!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back