New Boiler To Replace Potterton Netaheat - Where To Start ?

Using a better quality boiler, I would usually be quoting about £1500-£1600 inc. to replace a Netaheat.

To maintain the five year warrantee the new boiler needs to be serviced annually at a cost of about £55-£65.

There is no payback as such but better to think of it as a return on the investment and doing your bit for the environment.

If your boiler has overheated then I hope you were resetting it yourself. But I would be surprised if the PCB is really failed although they do sometimes which is why I keep them in stock. I have to really because with a fixed price diagnostic fee I need to avoid any second visit.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Using a better quality boiler, I would usually be quoting about £1500-£1600 inc. to replace a Netaheat.

To maintain the five year warrantee the new boiler needs to be serviced annually at a cost of about £55-£65.

There is no payback as such but better to think of it as a return on the investment and doing your bit for the environment.

If your boiler has overheated then I hope you were resetting it yourself. But I would be surprised if the PCB is really failed although they do sometimes which is why I keep them in stock. I have to really because with a fixed price diagnostic fee I need to avoid any second visit.

Tony

Tony,

Thx for the reply and the information.

As regards resetting the boiler I press the switch located in the small recessed aperture on the underside of the boiler. That usually "clicks" and then it flashes up again OK. However, this time it did not work hence the reason the engineer came round.

The callout was covered by our insurance so we are not getting charged for repairs and parts etc but it is just the inconvenience of having no heating for a few days. Luckily the old fashioned hot water tank with immersion heater comes to the rescue for hot water.

Your costs for servicing actually seem quite reasonable, out of interest what part of London do you cover, assuming your location in your avatar is correct? Have you a website, PM me the details if you wish?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back