New boiler when upgrading bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My bathroom is due an upgrade (new everything) and I'm keen to get on with it (by that, I mean pay someone to do it for me).

However, I have a 30 year old boiler which is still going strong. The last boiler man who came to service it said it will just keep going and recommended I don't change it.

I've been waiting for it to fail so I can upgrade that as well - this way, I can get a power shower installed as the current shower is just from the taps and the water pressure is ok at best.

My question is - would I be making a mistake to leave the boiler and just have the bathroom done? When the boiler finally gives up, would it be a pain to upgrade the shower then?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Need more info about your current setup. Is it a combi, or a traditional boiler and hot water cylinder? What's your incoming mains pressure & flow rate? You can't get out more than you put in, so if the supply is poor at your kitchen tap then you might be disappointed with a change to a combi, for example. If you do have a hot water cylinder, you could always have a pump to boost the shower rather than going to all the expense of changing the boiler.

Thanks very much. It's a traditional boiler with hot water cylinder.

No idea of flow rate, sadly. Definitely nothing wrong with the kitchen tap pressure, and even the bath taps. The shower pressure isn't too bad, but just not as much as I'd like. How effective are pumps?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back