New Bosch Worcester Greenstar 37 CDi Boiler EA Fault code

You are welcome to show them my posting on here!

But its always difficult to diagnose faults over then internet.

Nothing beats being in front of the boiler!

They had that advantage!

I had very little information and was in London at the time!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony wrote:

The apparent lack of ignition seems to me to be more likely to be as a result of a sticking regulator than an undersized gas pipe.

Tony

Thats what I said on the 26th April without even being within 300 miles of the boiler!

You must have read my post in this thread on the 25th then
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes I vote for undersized gas pipe, partially closed ECV, or duff regulator on the meter

Sponsored Links
Tony wrote:

The apparent lack of ignition seems to me to be more likely to be as a result of a sticking regulator than an undersized gas pipe.

Tony

Thats what I said on the 26th April without even being within 300 miles of the boiler!

You must have read my post in this thread on the 25th then
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes I vote for undersized gas pipe, partially closed ECV, or duff regulator on the meter

You must have both read my post on the 24th!

Hey, we had the same error message - had to reset the boiler 5 times in one morning - water pressure ok, no air locks. Problem solved by switching boiler off plus off at mains for 1 minute. Switched on again - has been ok for 2 days - Simple!

We've had an intermittent EA fault on our Worceseter boiler for 15mths - started 2yrs 1mth after installation - conveniently after the guarantee had expired. Our installer tried everything he could think of - the regulator was replaced at the gas meter, the condensate pipe was diverted and the ignition replaced.

Finally we bit the bullet and paid £262.50 for a one-off Worcester engineer visit - he knew the cause immediately - the butterfly cap (bearing plate) on the mixer unit was sticking on one side sometimes and so there was not always enough gas getting through. Bit of a design fault if you ask me!

Pretty galling to pay such a huge sum for a replacement part that cost about £1 plus a liberal application of Johnson's baby powder........and they don't mention this in the Q&As on the Worcester website either.

Glad you are not one of my customers I'd rather boil my head in urine than work for people only out for what they can get!
Jeff

Same price whether an £8 bearing plate or a £500+ heat exchanger some you win some you lose.

Bottom line is, it's been known to be something that can cause ea for a very long time now, a simple google search by your installer or a call to worcester and he/she would have been told to check that anyway.

As for the bit about the faqs, why would it tell you about a part which is inside boiler and can only be accessed by removing gas carrying components? This would only lead to non competent people trying to fix the matter themselves and puting lives at risk whilst doing so. That's the way I see it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back