New brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm looking for some quality brushes for both water based (jonno aqua) and oil based paints. I Know bristle for oils and Synthetics for water based/acylic paints.
Been looking at the Purdy range which look good and good reviews. Also the more budget Axus grey range have excellent write ups. Of couse their are the Wooster, Hamilton, Harris, Picasso,Maxin ranges. Anyone have any advice.
Also anyone use the angled range and worth getting a couple for Cutting in.
What brushes to use for emulsions?

Sponsored Links
Purdy monarch elites for emulsion/acrylics, superb brushes. If you want a very good budget synthetic brush then try Rodo x7s, a good brush. I'm still using Hamilton perfections for oils and they do the job well enough.

Yep purdy's are a good all rounder.

One thing for sure the americans are way ahead of us in brush technology, going to try a few out soon myself from picasso and corona

Sponsored Links
Me too and wouldn't rely on anything else. These are very forgiving brushes to use for any level of decorator esp cutting in. There seems to be no better on the market! They are much less hassle than cheaper brushes that tend to go out of shape, lose bristles, rust etc. Also I have accidentally :oops: let water based paints dry hard on these brushes and had them back to new where other ones would have had to go in the bin. Really worth the extra cost and give the best finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back