New Build heating

C

compheat

I need a bit of info regarding using 10mm plastic on new build property.

(1) when you put the drops in for ground floor rads do the pipes require to be in capping ? Plasic or metal?

(2) where do you buy the wall plates for use behind the rads to divert the pipes to the valves.

and last question is it common practice to bring the pipes down in the centre of the rad.

Sponsored Links
1. Don't know about this, only seen it coming off manifolds, can you not do this instead?

2. Most merchants have them in, if you can't find them think BES do them.

3. Yes I believe so with plastic 10mm, I thought it was arse the first time i saw it but thinking it isn't so bad now.

(1) Do you mean in chasing or stud cavity? Chased into block, I just cover the pipe with electricians plastic cable capping cover. I run a strip of metallic tape down inside the capping, so that the cover and pipes can be detected if need be.

In cavities, don't need capping, just wrap some metallic tape around the pipes so they can be detected.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/75mm-x-45m-In...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c5483a0f0

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I need a bit of info regarding using 10mm plastic on new build property.

(1) when you put the drops in for ground floor rads do the pipes require to be in capping ? Plasic or metal?

(2) where do you buy the wall plates for use behind the rads to divert the pipes to the valves.

and last question is it common practice to bring the pipes down in the centre of the rad.

Was a site Heating Engineer for years so here goes

1 - If its a two story then manifold as previous post, if new build then guessing all pipes will be hidden by plaster and if so just cover with metal tape so it can be found later if required.

2. I realy cant remember the name of thes (triangular shaped boxes) but what we done for years before these we used electrical back boxes and knocked one hole in the top and one in each bottom corner then plastered over.

3. Yes we always brought them down the centre but i still believe if you have the choice use 22mm Circs and 15mm Branches all the way to the rad

Hope this is of some help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back