New Build Loft Boarding - Loftzone & Ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm looking to board my loft for storage on what we'd call a New build - Due to insulation i've identified the best solution maybe the Loftzone system.

So the plan was to fit a new hatch and timber ladder like a FAKRO or keyLite - then it dawned on me that the Loftzone system adds additional height to floor - So how do you get from top rung of ladder to the Boarded area.

The ladders that Loftzone Provide are both Aluminium - both occupy space in the loft and i prefer timber over Aluminium

So i'm looking for advice from people who may have installed the system to advise how they overcome the above issue

I was thinking maybe have a small landing zone which you step onto before you get on boards or Fakro have a optional tread you can purchase but it needs to attach to some frame in loft

I was not sure if blocking off around the hatch the insulation may cause issues

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back