New build - Loft Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a in-line fan that seems to have malfunctioned and is excessively loud. The fan constantly runs and the only way to switch it off is by flicking the 'upstairs lights' switch off on the main electric box.

I have purchased some loft ladders and had my first look into the loft. The fan is to far for me to get to and the loft is just covered in thick loft fibreglass insulation.

I have tried posting the job to fix my inline fan on many popular builder job sites however nobody seems to want to take it on. For now it seems that I need to do this myself but I am not sure what types of boards I need to purchase to get to the fan in the first place. If you watch the video above you can see that the fan is a little distance away.

Never been a DIY person so any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just peel back the rolls of insulation so that you can walk on the joists. Forget those stupid websites they're a waste of space. Ring up some local handymen and speak to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back